The Zero to Hero Better Blog Challenge is about 48 hours from completion and the task for today is to look over your blog since the challenge began and build a new post based on the one post that your readers most responded to.
That post would be from Day 1. My Name is Brad and I Time Travel It was both my most viewed and most commented on Post during the Challenge.
There are several logical reasons:
- It was the beginning of the challenge and everyone was looking up the tag zerotohero to check out how everyone else was doing.
- It was the beginning of a new year and everyone who’s resolution it was to blog more, were acting on that promise and exploring new links.
- I had been slack in blogging for the past few years, and most of my previous readers, had moved on, smashed there computers, or were hiding in caves from oppressive government regimes. So I spent the day, visiting new blogs that caught my eye, commenting left right and center, following this and that. As a result people clicked back to find out who this madman was, that helped spiked my numbers.
- Then I did something that would annoy the people at Zero to Hero, yes those top blogging experts based on years of scientific research, I posted the direct link to my Blog in the Day 1 online forum. I got a lot of traffic that way but soon after was informed the Forum was not for that purpose, it was communicate, discuss, and share expertise.
- Everyone loves time travel.
- It had a picture of a cool car.
These are the logical reasons that my first post for this challenge generated the most numbers.
I understand that!
But allow me to be unabashedly egotistical for a moment and say with complete immodesty I disregard all that logic and choose to believe the real reason that post was so popular was simply because, it was all about me!
I was introducing myself and letting people know about me.
We love finding out about people, getting to know who they truly are. The blogs I am constantly drawn back too are the ones were people share themselves. Their dreams, their struggles, their joys, their sadness, their hopes, there fears, their loves, their hates, their achievements their disasters, their mountain tops, their valley lows.
Some of you hold nothing back.
I read some of your blogs and I just want to wrap you in my arms and with a warm hug reassure you that everything will all work out, others of you, after reading what you have written I just want to slap you upside the head and tell you to smarten up!
You make me smile, you make me cringe, you make me nod in agreement, you make me shake my fist in opposition, but the important thing is, when you show me who you are you make me keep coming back to read more.
So looking back over the last month of this challenge, what blogs have proved the most successful? The ones where I am simply myself. The views may not be great, the likes may be sparse, the traffic slow, but that simple comment of “thanks for making me smile“, that is success!
SO WHO WANTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ME?
I did a bunch of personality tests at Zimbio and the results reveal who I am if I was:
A GAME OF THRONES CHARACTER
A STAR WARS CHARACTER
A SIMPSONS CHARACTER
A BIG BANG THEORY CHARACTER
A HARRY POTTER CHARACTER
LIVING IN MIDDLE EARTH
A FORMER DISNEY STAR