Recently I was nominated for the Lobster Award and I wish to offer my utmost thanks to the
three six individuals that nominated me for…
What was that? It’s not Lobster? It’s Liebster? But isn’t that German for Lobster?
Recently I was nominated for the Liebster Award and I wish to offer my utmost thanks to the three individuals that nominated me for this prestigious prize recognizing something German, but not lobsters
To receive my award I have to answer 10 questions from each nominee.
1.) Without looking, what are the first three things that you can think of that I would find in your refrigerator if I took a peek? A giant Chocolate bar. Coke Zero and Ice
2.) Whose bath water (besides mine) would you drink? It depends if shampoo has been used or not. I once drank carpet shampoo. It was not a pleasant experience. I don’t think I can handle drinking the bathwater of anyone if there is shampoo involved regardless of who was in the tub.
3.) What is at the top of your bucket list? To write a bucket list.
4.) Why have you not done that thing that is on the top of your bucket list yet? No..seriously..what’s stopping you? Stupid pen ran out of ink.
5.) Boxers or briefs? I would rather not eat either.
6.) A genie pops out of the lantern and grants you one wishes, and tells you that you cannot wish for more wish, because it is unoriginal and everybody does that. You also can’t wish for world peace because it messes up my next question. What is your wish? I wish to have no regrets about the one thing I wish for.
7.) What would be your first step in achieving world peace? Teaching everyone the same language so all communications could be done in person, face to face.
8.) If you were arrested, who would your one phone call be to and why? That genie from Question 6! If arrested I would be regretting not making a wish that would have prevented that arrest from ever happening, And if I’m regretting that wish it means the genie failed granting my wish and still owes me one. So I’ll wish I wasn’t arrested.
9.) What is your biggest regret in life? Having to waste that single wish on getting out of my arrest.
10.)Star Wars or Star Trek? (Nerd rules stand… you have to and can only choose one.) Star Trek: Deep Space 9
1.What is your treasured item at this point in life? I have a meteorite I found on a beach. (Well, no one has yet proved to me it isn’t a meteorite so I am claiming its a meteorite, if not, I like this rock I found.)
2.What is your favorite book? I used to read alot so its hard to pick a favorite. The only book to ever make me laugh outloud while reading it was the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. It may be time to read that again.
3.What is your biggest aspiration? To be able to actually put some of the story ideas bouncing around in my head on paper
4.What memory are you most fond of? After a day in the fjord, singing “Ode to Newfoundland” in front of a giant moose.
5.If you could own anything in the world, what would you buy? Disney World
6.What is your favorite time/season of the year? Late September/Early October
7.Has your dream job changed? I always wanted to replace Santa Claus when he retired.
8.Has your talent changed? It has improved.
9.Would you take a trip to space for a week or a trip around the world? As much as I would love to spend a week in space I could not pass up a trip around the world.
10.What famous person would you love to meet and hang out with for three days? Famous people no longer hold any allure for me. I’d be happy to hang with anyone willing to put up with me for three days.
1. What is your most favorite food? A “state” Deep fried Potato chunks, with gravy, minced meat, fried onions, ketchup and weiners.
2. Why? Once you taste it you’d know why. Unfortunately the elderly couple that ran the only take-out in the world to serve them retired 15 years ago, and she took the secret recipie with them.
3. What is your idea of “me time”? Being alone in a crowd where no engages me in small talk.
4. What comes to your mind when you hear or read “Indonesia”? It’s almost the exact opposite of the planet from me so its the farthist place I can go if I ever run away from home.
5. What is your favorite color? The last blue you see on the horizon before all colour fades from a clear winter night’s sky.
6. Which one is your favorite post in your blog? (a link please?) Thought 200: Poor Customer Service Makes Me Passive-Aggressive
7. Why? It was a story where I took what really happened and intertwined it with my imagination to what may of happened.
8. Which post is the hardest one to write? (another link?) Grandfather: A Tribute
9. What is the reason behind your chosen theme? My theme displays all my posts on a single page, easy to scan through and click a title that catches your attention.
10. What do you think about this award? I am pleased to get it, thanks for nominating me, but I am a little disappointed, I was expecting a golden lobster for my trophy case
Next came a nomination from Penny at Penny Thoughts
2. How often do you Blog? I usually try to blog 5 times a week from November to February. (Then I seem to vanish for months and months)
3. Do you think you Blog enough? When I am blogging, yes.
4. Why do you Blog? I need an audience.
5. What do you do in your spare time? Unfortunately, waste a lot of it, though I am busy while wasting it.
6. What’s your favorite holiday and why? Christmas always used to be my favorite when it was normal for 20 people or more to be gathered around the table for Christmas dinner, but unfortunately with the passage of time, to many deaths and the need to relocate for work that number a year ago dwindled down to 3. So it’s not quite the same. Now I look forward to New Years Day and Canada Day, because I like fireworks.
7. What is your favorite season; spring, summer, winter or fall? Always the Fall
8. Do you believe in Santa Claus? I was hoping to apply for his job but apparently he has no plans to retire any time soon.
9. What are you currently working on that involves WordPress? The Zero to Hero Challenge
10. Name a guilty pleasure food, you cannot resist. A real Hamburger!
This was followed by a nomination from Raven at Tales of a Troubled Teen
1. You are forced to give up all books. From now on you will read one book, for the rest of your life, what is it and why? The Bible, It’s a collection of 66 books in one. Stories, poetry, letters, history, visions, characters, so much different content. If I just have a single book to read over and over I want one that will reveal something new to me each time I read it.
2. You can be anyone/anything, besides yourself, who/what are you? Nathan Drake from the video game series Uncharted, because I would love to be able to climb and jump like him.
3. (Pick one male and one female) Maya Angelou, Emily Dickinson, or Nikki Grimes? Robert Frost, Langston Hughes, or James Baldwin? Emily Dickinson, she was great in Police Woman and James Baldwin, I am not sure what movie I seem him in, it’s hard keeping all those Baldwin Brothers straight.
4. How will you deal with failure? Same as I deal with success, accept it, learn from it, and move forward from there.
5. Have you keep a New Year’s Resolution? If yes, what was it? If no, what’s one you plan on keeping? If you don’t have any resolutions, make one and keep it! My New Years resolution is to have no New Year’s Resolution, because that in itself is a resolution, I immediately broke my resolution which now frees me to enjoy the rest of the year without having the stress to worry about keeping resolutions.
6. Besides reading and writing what do you do in your free time? Waste it.
7. What book(s) are you reading now? Are you reading diversely? I used to read a lot, but now I find it harder to focus, I am currently reading, A Feast for Crows by George RR Martin and I am reading all the Marvel Comic Books from 1967.
8. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? Grade Four Literature.
9. Have you ever experienced writer’s block? (Of course! But….) What do you do to find the influence to write, during this horrific time? Usually I find driving with music helps overcome writer’s block
10. Are you willing to be critiqued and/or edited? Yes, but if we find a point that we disagree on you better have very good reasoning to convince me to change it.
The final nomination comes from Jenn at The Overcoming
1. If one movie could describe your life – what is it? What are the elements of this movie that remind you of yourself? Secret life of Walter Mitty because I am a such a daydreamer, or A Christmas Story, every time I watch it I find myself saying, I remember when that happened to me. Freezing my tongue on the school door handle to having to face the school bullies.
2. What are your biggest pet peeves and how do you react when faced with them? Intolerance, I just can’t stand it!
3. What is your favorite day of the year and why? What do you do on that day that makes it special? The first day of the year were the water is warm enough to swim in the place where I swam all the time as a teen.
4. What is your biggest dream you are still striving for? To tell the big stories inside my head. A North American Road Trip. and to Explore Europe
5. If you could travel back in time – what era would you want to live in or experience? Why? I want to visit myself in Grade Nine and explain a few things. A head’s up is always helpful.
6. Who is it that inspires you the most – famous, or close, anybody – and what is your message for them? I am not sure if anyone inspires me anymore, because whoever they are, the fact is, they are just human like the rest of us, with all the same struggles and doubts and sicknesses. They inspire because they have learned to press on in spite of it all. If they can do it, we can too.
7. What would you do if you came face to face with a person you’ve always wanted to meet – living or passed? Who is that person and what would you say? There may be a few people, long dead I’d like to meet, but, if I ever did meet them face to face the first thing I’d say is…”Well, looks like I must be dead, too.”
8. Describe your motivations in blogging and how they have changed – if at all. I write to get these stories out of my head, why should I be the only one to enjoy them?
9. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert? What makes you so? I am very much so an introvert, The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator says I am INTP
10. What’s your favorite weather condition? Sunshine with a breeze
Then I realized I had been nominated by Meebee over at Meebee’s
- What made you start your blog? I wanted an audience for my stories
- What special skills do you have? I can make people smile. Are you smiling now?
- If you could be an animal, what would you be and why? An eagle. Who wouldn’t want to soar?
- What one interesting thing have you learnt this week? The week is not yet over so it could end up being anything.
- What are some of your favourite movies and why? A Christmas Story and The Sandlot. They remind me of my own childhood.
- What would be your perfect holiday? Why? A year in Europe, because a week in Europe wouldn’t be long enough.
- If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about? Sea of Isles, about Pirates and Wizards.
- If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go and why? United Kingdom, Seems like a good place to start my year long European holiday.
- Who are some people you’d like to meet someday? People with private jets who like to say, “come along for a ride.”
- If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn? How to jump and climb walls like they do in video games.
There are rules to this award:
Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
I always had a problem with rules. So here is what I am going to do. I have 60 nominations available to give away. If you are reading this and you have never recieved the Liebster Award, grab a nomination here. Pick any 10 questions from the three lists above and answer to you hearts content. And just so there is no confusion. Liebster is not German for lobster.